Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the above mention porsche, I took out the original particle filter PPF and replace while a sport Down pipe, which still have the catalytic but no PPF.
Shortly after 2 days driving, the engine check light appear and so is the particle filter logo at the notification side.
The fault code is :

DME - P226D00 particle filter bank 1 implausible pressure value.

Instrument cluster - B19D1F0 display of fault in particulate (this fault can seem to be able to deleted)

My question is. :

1. Possible to program using computer or switch of the particular filter ?

2. Any way we can add some stuff so that can cheat the engine control unit ?

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure if I install a valve on the side of the pressure hose after the PPF will it help ? Since there is 2 pressure tube connected to the PPF. 1 is on the upstream and the other on the downstream. Only question is does the exhaust temperature reading play apart here when it come to limp mode. Cause I notice now everytime I switch off the exhaust, the fan will run for a longer period before it turn off.

QUOTE=jcuyler;40872]The ECU is looking for a differential, if you can find the value you can force it, however if you live in a state that has emission control, your not going to pass inspection.

Also, when the check engine light is on, you may default to limp mode on the ECU, so the gains would be lost.

If you have a local shop that does ECU flashing with a DYNO, they can probably tune the ECU to get you the best gains out of your new down pipe, that would be the best route, but in that case you made your car an off road vehicle according to DOT.

check your local laws, it's not worth having the car not be able to renew the registration.[/QUOTE]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts