Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Cayenne and few days ago I received this following email from Porsche US.

The email goes as below and this email is legit (the email addresses are from @porsche.us):
============================================================================
You are receiving this email in addition to a mailing that was recently sent to your address. Porsche is conducting its yearly mandatory In Use Verification Testing and your 2017 vehicle may meet our eligibility requirements for testing.

To learn about the program please visit Porsche In-Use Verification Program - Porsche USA

We hope that after learning about the program, you are willing to participate. If you are chosen after we have confirmed your vehicle’s eligibility, we will test your vehicle in accordance with the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Federal Regulations. All testing in the Michigan/Ohio area is performed at MAHLE Powertrain in Plymouth, Michigan. The testing itself is very non-invasive. We will be collecting the gases emitting from the exhaust system and fuel system of your vehicle while operating at regular speeds on a simulated indoor machine called a dynamometer. Mileage accumulation is typically very minimal (<100 miles). PCNA will be responsible for your vehicle until it is safely returned to you.

We are currently looking for vehicles that have accumulated 50,000 miles or more as priority, but in some cases may take a vehicle with less mileage.

We are offering several incentives to our customers who are chosen to participate. For the duration of time that PCNA is in possession of your vehicle, you will be provided with a Porsche loaner vehicle free of charge. In addition, you will be presented with a single use $1000 voucher redeemable for services, parts, products or vehicle purchase at your local authorized Porsche dealership. We typically have a vehicle in our possession for testing for 2 weeks, but occasionally we may keep the vehicle slightly longer for additional testing.

If you are interested in the program, please reply to this email and I will send you our questionnaire, which confirms your VIN, mileage, and asks several basic questions about the condition of your car so that we can confirm its eligibility for the program. Items like performance modifications, aftermarket exhaust systems, salvaged titles, etc. would disqualify your vehicle from potential testing.
===============================================================

I wanted to check with you guys for any suggestions (or) may be even anyone had participated in this program? Please give me any pointers if this is beneficial or am I being lured into something. Open to opinions.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
90 Posts
It's legit - the link goes directly to Porsche Cars North America. Sounds like a deal to me.. You get a loaner to test out (ask for a Taycan....) and $1,000. What's not to like with this?

·
Administrator
90 Posts
Wow, this is interesting and a bit strange. I also have a 2017 Cayenne and I have heard nothing to date.
I suspect they're only asking owners in areas where they have test facilities and loaner vehicles available. Nothing strange about that. And I don't think they're testing every 2017 Cayenne ever sold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2017 Cayenne and few days ago I received this following email from Porsche US.

The email goes as below and this email is legit (the email addresses are from @porsche.us):
============================================================================
You are receiving this email in addition to a mailing that was recently sent to your address. Porsche is conducting its yearly mandatory In Use Verification Testing and your 2017 vehicle may meet our eligibility requirements for testing.

To learn about the program please visit Porsche In-Use Verification Program - Porsche USA

We hope that after learning about the program, you are willing to participate. If you are chosen after we have confirmed your vehicle’s eligibility, we will test your vehicle in accordance with the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Federal Regulations. All testing in the Michigan/Ohio area is performed at MAHLE Powertrain in Plymouth, Michigan. The testing itself is very non-invasive. We will be collecting the gases emitting from the exhaust system and fuel system of your vehicle while operating at regular speeds on a simulated indoor machine called a dynamometer. Mileage accumulation is typically very minimal (<100 miles). PCNA will be responsible for your vehicle until it is safely returned to you.

We are currently looking for vehicles that have accumulated 50,000 miles or more as priority, but in some cases may take a vehicle with less mileage.

We are offering several incentives to our customers who are chosen to participate. For the duration of time that PCNA is in possession of your vehicle, you will be provided with a Porsche loaner vehicle free of charge. In addition, you will be presented with a single use $1000 voucher redeemable for services, parts, products or vehicle purchase at your local authorized Porsche dealership. We typically have a vehicle in our possession for testing for 2 weeks, but occasionally we may keep the vehicle slightly longer for additional testing.

If you are interested in the program, please reply to this email and I will send you our questionnaire, which confirms your VIN, mileage, and asks several basic questions about the condition of your car so that we can confirm its eligibility for the program. Items like performance modifications, aftermarket exhaust systems, salvaged titles, etc. would disqualify your vehicle from potential testing.
===============================================================

I wanted to check with you guys for any suggestions (or) may be even anyone had participated in this program? Please give me any pointers if this is beneficial or am I being lured into something. Open to opinions.

Thanks in advance!
Emails can be sent from Any domain. Don't think that just because it says porsche.us it's legit. Anyone can send an email form IBM or Microsoft or Porsche.
Also note that most domains are www.company.com or www.company.com/us not USA

·
Administrator
90 Posts
Emails can be sent from Any domain. Don't think that just because it says porsche.us it's legit. Anyone can send an email form IBM or Microsoft or Porsche.
Also note that most domains are www.company.com or www.company.com/us not USA
That might be true - but explain how the link IN THE MESSAGE is being spoofed when it goes directly to Porsche: Porsche In-Use Verification Program - Porsche USA ?? Once again I stand by my statement that it appears legit (and after about 25 years dealing with domain management I can usually spot a spoof pretty quickly.)

I also just checked the company they claim does the testing - headquartered in the UK, but a branch right where they said it is - Plymouth Michigan. MAHLE Powertrain, LLC- MAHLE Powertrain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts