Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting after one day. The only thing I could complain about was the center console. Today, after five months. That's really my only complaint.

I have a three year lease on this vehicle. I loved to buy another Cayenne S, I think it's perfect fit for me. However I have to really think about the BMW X5. And how easy that car is to operate. It will be a tough choice next time. Of course, if Porsche would listen to its customers and make some simple changes – I think they’d have a hands down WINNER!

I know Porsche isn't looking to sell cars to everybody. But this physical design flaws in the center console, software set up, and the Porsche management system is downright dangerous from my perspective. Looking at the screen, and touching the screen with your finger, is no way to drive a car.

The top highlight area (in attached photo below)....I have NEVER USED. Waisted use of a small space. Get Rid of it.
The circles are the AC/Heat controls. Good luck trying to adjust the passenger seat heat controls (yes, you do it a lot, even when you are alone in the car).
You cannot SEE the controls from the driver position! It's blocked by the Shifter!

Porsche builds great performance cars! On that end, I cannot complain. It is a pleasure to get in this car everyday. Even a 2.5 drive....(every weekend, is something I look forward to in this car).

However, the critical operations of this car, (ok, maybe not critical), but the routine details of what can distract a driver in todays world - need to be changed QUICKLY in the Porsche consumer car line up in my opinion.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you put it on syc both driver and passenger will read the same and you won’t have to try to see what setting is on the other side

·
Registered
6 Posts
My biggest complaint is having to turn off auto stop every time you get in the car. Mac and can be turned off until you want to turn it back on

·
Registered
6 Posts
My biggest complaint is having to turn off auto stop every time you get in the car. Mac and can be turned off until you want to turn it back on
Meant to write Macans can be turned off until you want to turn it back on

·
Administrator
28 Posts
Meant to write Macans can be turned off until you want to turn it back on
The old ones could. Anything from around 2014 and newer can't be. Older Cayennes can - my 2011 CTT it stays off. Newer ones don't. I suspect that wasn't by Porsche's choice (corporate fuel economy standards anyone?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with the haptic buttons, placement of controls, and digital controls on all 4-door Porsches. My 2019 Macan and my 2015 Panamera both had auto-start/stop permanently turn-off-able (in the main menu, I think -- check your Cayenne closely). But I'll never buy another Porsche without a plug, so I don't care beyond my current Macan... (I'm planning to order a 2022 or 2023 Cayenne E-Hybrid, with either a Macan BEV or Taycan Cross Turismo to come after that, when the public-charging infrastructure is built out better in a few years and the kinks are worked out more in the Porsche BEV software.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts