Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new owner of a gently used 2012 Cayenne S, and I noticed the rear heated seats were not working. None of the lights would light up when either button was pushed. Long story short I was looking through the maintenance records from the initial owner and the dealer 20k service sheet stated that the customer said the rear heated seats did not work, and they charged zero to fix it because ......the rear child lock switch on the drivers door was activated. Sure enough I turned it off and they work. So, while this may be obvious to most, in case there is another new user (or first time with rear heated seats) I figured I would post it. Also I felt a little better since the first owner had the same oversight. I plan to post some reviews and thoughts on accessories here moving forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
heated rear seats not working

Just read the post on this from 958S - and chuffed to find that it worked - such a simple fix! Simply switched off the child protection lock switch in the drivers door, and hey presto! Don't you love it when fixes are this simple!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just read the post on this from 958S - and chuffed to find that it worked - such a simple fix! Simply switched off the child protection lock switch in the drivers door, and hey presto! Don't you love it when fixes are this simple!
Thanks a million 958 S I had this issue and thanks for your post, will try it when I get home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
5 years later...thanks 958S

Just had the same problem on the school run this morning with my new Cayenne. Kids complaining all the way; the leather seats were too cold—as its 0ºC outside. Quick google search and your post came up. So thank you for posting your original story and fixing my problem 5 years later on. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts