Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find it if it has. Proud owner of a 2021 Cayenne It came with the roof rails but was wondering if anyone has researched and/or have opinions on cross bars. I guess also asking if you purchased and installed aftermarket cross bars, which ones did you get, and are there any issues with them(wind noise, durability, installation issues, etc). I understand I could look at reviews on Amazon but those aren't specific to people who installed them on a Cayenne(particularly a 2021)... so I'm seeing if there's anything specific another Cayenne owner can bring to my attention. Thanks!!

..ChimChim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find it if it has. Proud owner of a 2021 Cayenne It came with the roof rails but was wondering if anyone has researched and/or have opinions on cross bars. I guess also asking if you purchased and installed aftermarket cross bars, which ones did you get, and are there any issues with them(wind noise, durability, installation issues, etc). I understand I could look at reviews on Amazon but those aren't specific to people who installed them on a Cayenne(particularly a 2021)... so I'm seeing if there's anything specific another Cayenne owner can bring to my attention. Thanks!!

..ChimChim
Hi ChimChim. 2016 owner here. Our Cayenne has the factory installed raised roof rails and panoramic roof. We chose the compatible offering from Yakima. No wind noise at all until we added the roof basket, off road lights and a full size spare but that was to be expected. The install of the Yakima was a breeze and haven't had one issue with it. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Yakima once again. Solid product for sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Looks GREAT with the rack and the lights.... I never even thought of that "off road" look with the Cayenne, but you certainly pulled it off with flying colors. Looks like the width of a '16 model is 78.7" vs a '21 at 78.1".. so roughly the same size.. do you happen to know what the width is of your cross bars? My rails measure roughly 48" apart, so I'm trying to gauge how much "overhang" the bars would have... Looks like yours may be 50" bars, which I wasn't even sure 50" bars would fit with the particular mounts that Yakima has, or if your bars are longer that would kinda help me decide what length to get. Appreciate your reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts