Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really happy with my 2011 Porsche Cayenne (diesel, 30K). I personally I like to keep it for another 1-2 years, considering the condition and low miles. But I am wondering if not selling it right now could turn out to be a bad decision causing me huge loss? I.e., if the price goes down too low in next 1-2 years. I know petrol/diesel cars are not the future. But the question is if another1-2yrs will make a big difference or not. I am confused whether to sell my Cayenne now and buy a Euro 6 compatible car or keep it for another 1-2 years. Appreciate if you can share your thoughts. Also should we expect more UK cities adopting ULEZ in next 1-2 years?

Note that I live in London but my postcode doesn’t come under the ULEZ circle (just outside the border). I don’t normally drive into city, so I am ok that way.

Many Thanks
Viv

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm Australian living in California so I'm all kind of confused and would be the last to give advice... At any rate, the demand and price, especially for diesels has gone up significantly in the US. Many of the older 2010-2012 are being "converted" for Overlanding which is also driving up the price. It's hard to imagine a better time to sell. If inflation keeps going up along with interest rates it could all come crashing down. If its in great shape, with that low mileage it might sell for $20K - $25K here in the US.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really happy with my 2011 Porsche Cayenne (diesel, 30K). I personally I like to keep it for another 1-2 years, considering the condition and low miles. But I am wondering if not selling it right now could turn out to be a bad decision causing me huge loss? I.e., if the price goes down too low in next 1-2 years. I know petrol/diesel cars are not the future. But the question is if another1-2yrs will make a big difference or not. I am confused whether to sell my Cayenne now and buy a Euro 6 compatible car or keep it for another 1-2 years. Appreciate if you can share your thoughts. Also should we expect more UK cities adopting ULEZ in next 1-2 years?

Note that I live in London but my postcode doesn’t come under the ULEZ circle (just outside the border). I don’t normally drive into city, so I am ok that way.

Many Thanks
Viv
Keep it! Prices are high not only on your CD. You'll be SOL on the purchase of the next one. Say you make 20% on your CD now, you'll lose that 20% on new purchase.

Electric prices going to come down, so you can either drive it till there's no more diesel or sell for whatever. Plus, I won't be surprised if conversion kits will be readily available in next 1-2 years for most cars. There are a lot of them already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts, appreciate it.

I am more inclined towards keeping it.

You are right the electric prices are crazy at the moment. I am not convinced to spent that much for the electric now. I think the electric sector is not matured enough yet. So better wait for couple more years!

Interesting to know about the demand/price of diesel cars in US. Converting for overlanding is not a bad idea!

Conversation kits for diesel cars are definitely a possibility, let us see :)

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts