Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall I posted about my 2022 Cayenne E-Hybrid spending seven weeks at the dealership service department. For those that have had a similar check engine light and charging problem, my new Cayenne had the optional charger. However, I was mostly using 110V current.

PCNA agreed to repurchase the car earlier this year. My replacement, a 2022 Platinum Cayenne with the base engine that I had to get in line to order, should be in my garage within the week. There were too many moving parts (hardware and software "upgrades", supply chain issues, overworked service departments) to have risked buying a replacement E-Hybrid. Maybe in five years...

·
Administrator
90 Posts
IMHO - excellent move on your part. A hybrid is an interim solution for range anxiety on electric cars, and it's really IMHO a BAD IDEA. You're doubling the complexity of the vehicle with dual propulsion drive systems that have to integrate and talk to each other. It's pretty much a recipe for the sort of issues you've had.

If it was me - take the gas-powered one, and think sometime in the future when charging networks are built out and all cars have 600 miles of range about going electric. In the meantime, gas still rules.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts