Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2018 Cayenne S with 20• wheels … will need tires soon. Looking for all season recommendations that are quiet, decent handling and good in snow (Chicago winters).

Considering Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3’s and Continental Crosscontact LX 25’s. Will likely stick w 275 x 45 x 20’s. Thanks in advance.

Ps- loving this car.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently bought a 2018 Cayenne S with 20• wheels … will need tires soon. Looking for all season recommendations that are quiet, decent handling and good in snow (Chicago winters).

Considering Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3’s and Continental Crosscontact LX 25’s. Will likely stick w 275 x 45 x 20’s. Thanks in advance.

Ps- loving this car.

View attachment 4905
We have 2 ‘16 Cayenne’s & a’18 Macan—my son has been running the Michelin CrossClimate SUV tire on his Cayenne & was impressed enough that I got a set for both my Cayenne & Macan & will put them on for this winter.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Ps- loving this car.

View attachment 4905
Stay away from Pirelli. Continentals all the way. Have been perfect for my cayenne. Lasted 60k miles and would have gone more, but I replaced them with new ones due to age.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my Cayenne Diesel from a past PCA president. The guy knows his cars and tires. He had Continental DWS on them that had worn well. I replaced them with the same. Also put a set on my wife's Macan. My daughter has a set on her WRX. So you can assume we like them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have experience with Cross Climate 2 on my last car (MDX) … also on two daughters minivans. Great tires, particularly in rain and snow. Also had DWS 06’s on a couple cars … surprised at the comment about the Pirelli’s as they are super highly rated on tire rack. Appreciate your input!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guys… after a ton of research and a very long conversation with Ford Kinyon (great guy) at tire rack, I took a flyer and bought a set of Pirelli Scorpion AS3 plus’s for my Cayenne … it was down to Cross Climate 2’s, Conti LX 25’s and the Scorpions … given I have recently had both CC2’s and LX’s, plus the amazing reviews on the Pirelli’s, I am rolling the dice and giving them a try … will send pics and give a review after a few thousand miles. If nothing else, they should be a big improvement over the worn-out Eagle LS2’s that are on the car now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed my mind and went with 295 x 40 x 20 Yokohama Geolandar X-CV’s. Ford Kinyon, my tirerack sales pro, said they are a super hot new entry to the performance SUV segment … quiet, good handling, decent ride and good in snow. Will let you all know how they perform … LJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts