Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 V6 makes a thud which you can feel when the gearbox changes down from 5th to 4th. This occurs only when the engine is warm,not when cold.
I've changed the gearbox oil and that hasn't made any difference.
Anyone know of the cause and cure for this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please let me join you in posting my transmission problem here too.

Hello guys. I need some help here. I just serviced my 08 Cayenne S the other day. As I was driving away from the mechanic, I lost my transmission fluid as a line broke open. We couldn't get the OEM fluid, but we drained it all out and used the Audi Trans fluid. Now my car is v-e-r-y to get and get going. Have I broken something? I am vacationing in in West Africa where I have the car and cannot immediately get the OEM oil. So I ordered the Aisin to come on next week. My question is have I destroyed the transmission or will it go back to normal once I changed the fluid to the right one? Thanks you all in advance for your answer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 2005 V6 makes a thud which you can feel when the gearbox changes down from 5th to 4th. This occurs only when the engine is warm,not when cold.
I've changed the gearbox oil and that hasn't made any difference.
Anyone know of the cause and cure for this?
Could be a clutch issue. I'm not sure, you need a code scanner to identify the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts