Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what you Porsche fans think of the benefits of buying new vs used. Obviously, there is a price difference which is a point for the used buyer but what about new vehicles?

I think we buy a these beauties not for the future value but to drive and enjoy everyday. Luxury, performance and being a proud Porsche owner pays for the car itself :)

What do you guys think?

Wanda
2014 Cayenne ordered Oct 2013

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, the first owner absorbs the initial new car loss. The downside is that there is never a clear picture of how the car was subsequently treated. Some perfectly healthy units are traded simply because a newer model was desired. Others are traded cuz they're sick. That's what makes purchasing "as-is" vehicles a gamble. In my mind, a CPO is the safest alternative to buying new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
try to find a demo....still new so better apr on financing and I got 12k off of my diesel with 5k miles....still got 2.9 financing as it was considered new. (demos arent titled).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Benefits are in the eye of the beholder. If there is a benefit it would be brand new, warranty, peace-of-mind. For me, because I keep new purchases between 5 and 7 years, the knowledge that I don't have a single scratch or issue that was put there by someone else keeps me happy.

The other side is purchasing one a couple of years old, from a first/only owner, with full maintenance records and low mileage, and no damage... you save up to half of the original purchase price. That is also peace-of-mind that you made a smart financial choice. Again, eye of the beholder. Most trades with low miles are resold by the dealership with CPO (which I've also done) and that too provides peace-of-mind. NO right or wrong answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts