Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So why did you guys choose the Cayenne? Why did you choose his over the other cars in its segment?

What do you guys not like? Is there something you would change or improve?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Like: it's a porsche, it drives like a porsche, fits my family of five, can tow, and it's a porsche.

Dislike: it's not a 911.

:cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Its more like a car than any of the other mid-sized SUVs, and has the greatest towing capacity. The PCM/MFD combo provides more vehicular information and control than the others as well. I dislike that my CD could not be ordered with 4-zone climate control. The lower inside bolster on the driver seat is uncomfortable. And whereas the rear wing adds to the Porsche aura, it's clearly not designed to help keep the backside clean.

·
Registered
39 Posts
likes : its a Porsche! , 5 passenger SUV with decent all weather performance

dislikes : No heated seats , No towing package ( not needed my situation! ), No 6 cd changer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Likes: The interior, it has the best looking interior of it's class. Power has plenty of get up and go and as others have said towing power. Most of all there is not one at every stop light.

Dislikes: Gas milage, cost of parts, but then it is a Porsche :)

Love my car.:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love my Cayenne Turbo because it is so Multi purpose. It is a Porsche thru and thru. It is a luxury sedan with incredible seats and leather everywhere. It is a virtual concert hall with the Burmeister system. It can haul stuff and it has a tremendous towing capacity. It is blindingly fast and, with a few mods, handles like a sports car. I love the way it looks especially since I have lowered it and painted the ugly black plastic fender extensions and the rear spoiler the body color.

The only thing I do not like is the tiptronic transmission. It is time for the PDK to be the transmission of choice in this vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Base Cayenne with minimum options. The major reason I chose the Cayenne is it is the only luxury and mi-size SUV one could buy with manual transmission. I love its ride and handling. The only thing I do not like is the clutch pedal; it is too stiff. I hope there is a way of adjusting it. It is also difficult to put the shifter in reverse. I have to release the pedal and press it again. I have always driven manual transmission cars and have never had this problem. Other than these two issues, I am a happy owner. I was wondering if anyone else has this stiff and hard to press clutch issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Likes/Dislikes

This SUV has been amazing, 5 months into it for me.

I like how I can drive it anyway I choose...easy for higher mileage, or ground-pounding for performance.

Got my first ever speeding ticket in this car.

Dislikes - MAN, is this vehicle hard to clean. It takes a ladder and a lot of time. I'm not one to take my car to a carwash - ever - and this is the hardest vehicle I've ever had to wash. The water drips are annoying the next day :) It's tough to be a perfectionist.

I wish the PCM menu went back to my last choice instead of the main menu. When searching for Artists on my iPod, this would be helpful.

Small stuff. This car humbles me when I drive it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only possible neg. is the fuel mileage, but we all knew that when we bought them. I bought mine because my last 4 vehicles were Porsches and I like the quality. Plus, to me, it's the best designed SUV out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After 42000 miles, there are only a few small things I don't like:
-No remote start.
-Can't make the tailgate go down with the key fob.
-Cheap looking sun visors that don't cover the side windows completely.
The visors should be designed to pull out to extend to the width of the side window.
Great fun fast car otherwise!
I like how it's a very understated vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a used Cayenne Turbo fully loaded last week and love it.

My car before this was a GMC Terrain 2012. The Cayenne Turbo is a 2011.

Although, I have only driven mine for a week, I can tell that I am a better person on the road.

I am usually in the right hand lane doing the speed limit or five over depending on how traffic is flowing.

The first day I got it, I had my fun with it and now setting up track days to push it to its full potential.

During traffic hours I always see people trying to rush to one place to another as quick as possible. Now since I own such a beautiful car, I don't care sitting in traffic as I have the engine off ability which saves me mileage, my seats are vented and heated, I have the Burmester audio system (highly recommended) and when I have the audio off I can hear my car purr.

Dislike: I can't find a single thing wrong with my Porsche.
Though, I am finding it annoying that people want to "race" me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a used Cayenne Turbo fully loaded last week and love it.

My car before this was a GMC Terrain 2012. The Cayenne Turbo is a 2011.

Although, I have only driven mine for a week, I can tell that I am a better person on the road.

I am usually in the right hand lane doing the speed limit or five over depending on how traffic is flowing.

The first day I got it, I had my fun with it and now setting up track days to push it to its full potential.

During traffic hours I always see people trying to rush to one place to another as quick as possible. Now since I own such a beautiful car, I don't care sitting in traffic as I have the engine off ability which saves me mileage, my seats are vented and heated, I have the Burmester audio system (highly recommended) and when I have the audio off I can hear my car purr.

Dislike: I can't find a single thing wrong with my Porsche.
Though, I am finding it annoying that people want to "race" me.
So why did you guys choose the Cayenne? Why did you choose his over the other cars in its segment?

What do you guys not like? Is there something you would change or improve?
Ignore the top one. Misread the questions. :eek:

I was in the market for a luxury SUV. I was looking at Range Rover Sports and came across more negative reviews than positive. My friend went from a Porsche Cayenne S to a Range Rover Sport HSE to a Cayenne GTS. After asking him about Range Rover, he reminded me that all the times I picked him up were actually for his RR and didn't want me to know it at the time. He was one of the bigger influences on me as he let me drive his GTS for a bit. After the test drive I fell in love and had to buy one.

Since all the GTS and Turbos that were new were above what I wanted to pay for and their features didn't cut what I wanted, I decided to buy a used 2011 Cayenne Turbo which was fully loaded for a fantastic price. It is Porsche Certified too, which makes it an even better purchase.

Pros: Burmester Audio System, Moon Roof, Navigation in middle console and on the dash, Heated and Vented seats, Memory seats, Auto-Engine off, Sports Mode, Suspension in Comfort, Normal and Sport, Keyless entry, hearing the car start-up everyday, and the car purring when in traffic.

Cons: None.

Dislike: I am finding it annoying that people want to "race" me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One amazing vehicle...

I own a CTT and this is the most amazing vehicle i've ever drove or sat in. Owned the TDI version initially, but after weighing the pro's and cons of each, decided on the V8. Tested the Cayenne S and Turbo, went with the Turbo. Premium gas for the V8 is cheaper than diesel for the TDI.

Dislikes:
-Gas mileage when pushing hard or in "sport mode". Yes, i knew what i was getting into (sticker says 15 to 22 mpg)
-Side bolsters do not spread out wider (I have the 18-way adaptive seats - I have a medium frame, muscular build).
-cost to add a trailer hitch is 1800-2000 at a Porsche dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love the manual transmission. Just picked up my 2014 base cayenne. Shifts as nicely as my 911 (997). Great option. Would have paid extra for it but paid 3 grand less!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts