Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 GTS. Before I bought the vehicle I mentioned that there was a vibration. Vibrates at speeds 75-85 mph. Dealership did a road force balance, still vibrates. Replaced one tire, still vibrates. Replaced all four rims, still vibrates. Now the vibration is not as bad but annoying enough that you can feel the vibration on your seat. Now here's the weird part, sometimes you won't feel any. So spoke with my service guy and he said they did another road force balance. Here's my question, how many times will you do road force balance when we've already established that it's still vibrating. So I did some research and saw some videos of similar issues. The guy has a 2009 Turbo and the lower control Arm and drive shaft bushings were cracked. I asked the dealership and they said it won't be that one because if it hits a bump the steering wheel will shake. The funny part i did tell them that on my second visit. So the bottom line is, I think they're dodging their responsibility since the warranty falls under the dealership. What ticked me off though is that I am an hour away from the dealership and this is my 5th visit. Any advice if this might not be the issue. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Cayenne GTS, Soul Performance Cat-Deletes, GTA Apple Car Play Kit, BCForged EH175 on order.
18 Posts
Wheel vibrations between certain speeds can happen for a variety of reasons.
  • Bent rim.
  • Uneven tire wear.
  • Mismatched tires, though a pull is more common.
  • Fault shock absorber/ airbag.
  • Worn suspension component, ball joints, control arms...
  • Worn drive line component such as rubber driveshaft gebo.
  • Wheel bearing, most the like you would hear a growling noise.
  • Wrapped rotor if vibration felt while braking.

I had a slight vibration develop and had my wheels & tires road force balanced and they told me I had a bent wheel. Which blew my mind because I drive like a grandpa and have never hit a pot hole or ran anything over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts