Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I've have my 2005 cayenne s for awhile now. Its a 4.5l na it has 140k on it runs great but I've been getting a whistle sound on cold start it seems to go away after the car warms up. Any idea what it could be? Then some time when I start it cold or hot don't seam to matter much it will make a winning sound its loud but breif. I think that is the starter failing but thought I would ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There was a car had a similar sound that was prominent at start up but would go away as the car warmed up. Turned out to be the alternator, you may look into that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey. I have a 2005 s and mine does the same thing. The check eng light came on the went back out, then on again. The dealer said it was the purge valve code. Or pvc valve. It purges fuel on startup. I'm replacing this weekend. It's around 100.00. Let you know if it fixes it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well swapped the purge valve and it still makes the noise occasionally. I read it's bendix on the starter. Not really hurting anything, except your ears upon startup. I thought if it was the starter it wouldent be a big deal until I read what you have to go through to replace the starter. I think I will live with it until it actually fails. Also something about a fuse swapping starter trick to get you home, someone please elaborate ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts