Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A small rock (about an inch) hit the windshield... and left a small crack. Since then the crack has extended to about foot in length. I have three options for replacement and I am looking for advice from someone who had one replaced Cayenne windshield.

1) Safelite aftermarket for $650
2) Safelite OEM part for $1800
3) Porsche Dealership replacement for $2100

I understand that Porsche does not manufacture glass nor do their dealerships install the glass. They purchase part and have 3rd party do installation. I am leaning towards $650 aftermarket glass and i understand it wont have Porsche logo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that the best variant is the Safelite OEM part for $1800 because the aftermarket cant offers you a good product. You do not know how long it was used and how durable is the glass. I wouldn't risk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's good that you have full coverage glass insurance. I was not so lucky. Frankly speaking, everything new is always much safer and better quality than what has already been used by someone. To cut it short, once I had to change my window for a used one deciding to economize my funds. Indeed, it was scratched, but this didn't bother me. More than all, I found guys https://www.unscratchthesurface.com/portfolio/widespread-glass-restoration-resurfacing/ who perfectly helped to restore it and stole all the scratches. But after my wife parked in the yard, it cracked and smashed at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's good that you have full coverage glass insurance. I was not so lucky. Frankly speaking, everything new is always much safer and better quality than what has already been used by someone. To cut it short, once I had to change my window for a used one deciding to economize my funds. Indeed, it was scratched, but this didn't bother me. More than all, I found guys https://www.unscratchthesurface.com/portfolio/widespread-glass-restoration-resurfacing/ who perfectly helped to restore it and stole all the scratches. But after my wife parked in the yard, it cracked and smashed at all.
Do these guys provide discounts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts